Monday, June 3, 2013

40 and Fabulous!

That is right. I recently turned 40 years old and celebrated with close friends and family in Las Vegas. While I do not love Vegas it was actually perfect for the event. I wanted a location close to LA so friends could fly in for one night, great food/abiance and a place where we could get crazy and no one had to deal with kids the next morning. And out of 20 people, three women were pregnant. How crazy!
Since I love to plan parties, planning my own was so much fun. The theme was "40 and Fabulous" and the colors were my favorite (hot pink, navy and grey). I also included chevron pattern, my current favorite. As soon as the date was confirmed, I immediately contacted the AndersRuff team for invites, etc. Adria created the MOST PERFECT collection for me ever. I could not have asked for anything more.


This set the tone and I was off and running on creating my look. I wanted to do the pictures hanging from balloons (one from each year) but the balloons did not hold up the pictures so instead my crafty friend Amanda created the banner of images in the entry way.
I also ordered custom cookies from Erin Hefflin/Whip It Good Cookies. She is magical with cookies.
While I only hosted 20 people, I still wanted to add a few of my favorite party details. The photo booth with props and painted frame were a must and everyone had so much fun. Below is a great photo fo my family in the booth. ;)
I had a gold bottle of champagne for everyone to sign as well as gift bags for each family. They included personalized luggage tags made by AndersRuff as wlel as playing cards and pink dice to match the Vegas theme. (Pictures are blurry - camera stopped working)


And my most favorite party of the party was the mini champagne bottle. I had seen this on Pinterest and knew I must have it. I also LOVE the dessert table featuring the gorgeous cookies by Erin and my favorite dessert items (Sprinkles mini cupcakes, gummy bears, etc). I also made pink sprinkled cake pops. Unfortunatley you can barely see them in the photo and I did not get a close up. They turned out great. Printables by AndersRuff.

The whole night was fantastic and I was so happy so many friends and family could make the trip to Vegas. The picture below is the morning after shot. Shoes and handbag on the table along with the empty water bottle. So proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment