Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Home Redesign: The Plan

So a few weeks ago I shared with you my before photos and my goals for the space. Today, I want to share with you my designer's plans and which route I chose to go for this redesign.
You will quickly notice that all of the floor plans move my dining room into the main space. As soon as my designer walked into my house she said "the dining room needs to become the play room and the main room needs to be your space." Below are the floor plans she developed for me.

One: In this option, I did not like that the couch blocked the fireplace and felt the dining table was too big.
Two: Loved the focus on the fireplace but was worried about the TV above the fireplace.
Three: Loved the circular dining table and couch layout but was concerned about the cost of the wall, etc.
Four: Same concerns as one on the couch/fireplace.

After much thought, I decided to move forward with option three. The first thing I did was purchase the round dining table. As soon as I moved my current furniture around, my son and I ate at our new dining room table. All of a sudden we were using the space differently and I loved it. The kitchen table (which is tucked away in a galley kitchen) became a parking spot for stuff versus a dining option. We suddenly were using our space in a much better way.

I cant wait to share with you the process, my shopping/to do list and how I dealt with the TV above the fireplace.
Looking for a great designer? Contact Kim Winthrope at kw.created@gmail.com. She is fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those interior design plots are booming! I can just imagine the excitement you were feeling while you were planning those out. Each and every detail are well figured, and I'm sure those would all look good in actual execution. Thanks for sharing that, Ashley! You and your designer really did a great good job. Kudos and all the best!

    Doyle Hunt @ Real East Van

    ReplyDelete